Our Sechler Skills Park got an overdue update this fall.
Michael Knoll, owner of Michael’s Cycles in Prior Lake and Chaska and Behind Bars in NE Mpls, donated several wood features that they’d been using for skills clinics, most notably, a teeter totter and an up-and-down skinny plank. The obstacles were built by one of their long-time customers, Greg Henningsen.
We revamped 7 of the 8 table top jumps and added a new one with help from the staff at the City of Northfield’s Streets & Parks Department.
Featured riders in the photos above: Devin Lee and family.
As of October, 2018, the list of skills park features includes:
- 3 berms (1 large wood berm, 2 dirt berms)
- 8 tabletop jumps (7 beginner-level, 1 intermediate-level)
- 2 wood drops (1 beginner-level, 1 intermediate-level)
- 2 large log piles
- 1 line of 8 small rollers
- 1 log skinny/logover obstacle, configured for several levels of difficulty
- 2 railroad ties configured for uphill steps
- 1 large boulder
- Two permanent skinnies (intermediate-expert)
- 1 teeter totter
- 1 up-and-down skinny plank
- Miscellaneous movable wood skinnies
The skills park has its own page here on the CROCT website, listed under the Trails dropdown menu.